Called to Be a Catechist?
Is God calling you to be a catechist? Hopefully this page will help you to discern this calling...
What is a Catechist?
- genuinely care for God's people and be willing to give of yourself for their good.
- a love of Christ and a desire to grow and share our wonderful faith
- an awareness of God's grace and a desire to know that grace
- a commitment to the Church's liturgical and sacramental life and moral teachings
- a strength of character built on patience, respect, confidence, and creativity
- generosity of spirit, respect for diversity, and a habit of hospitality and inclusion
Knowledge and Skill:
- a basic understanding of Catholic teaching, Scripture and Tradition (key word "basic", we will help to form you and equip you)
- honest and caring relationships with age group being served
- effective teaching techniques and strategies
HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS