The Cathedral church is under the patronage of Holy Mary Mother of God. The parish church was established in the year 1952. When Musoma was made a diocese in the year 1957, the parish was made its Cathedral and so it is to date. It is located at Musoma town centre down the main Nyerere road. On Sundays, Masses begin at 7:00 am, 9:00 a.m and 11:00 a.m, all in Kiswahili. On weekdays, Masses begin at 6:45 a.m. Annexed to the Cathedral Church is the Perpetual Adoration chapel open to all to visit and adore the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.